Baby Massage is a lovely, relaxing way to spend some special time with your gorgeous new baby. The list of benefits for baby massage is extensive for both the giver and receiver of the massage.
- reduced effects of colic
- reduced effects of constipation
- reduced effects of wind
- reduced crying
- improves symptoms of teething
- reduced hyperactivity
- improves relaxation
- encourages longer sleep duration
- stimulates all of the major systems of the body including: respiration, circulation and digestion
- improves muscle tone and development
- improves skin
- creates a bond between the massage giver and the baby
- can help mums suffering with post natal depression
- makes you feel more confident in noticing and responding to your baby’s cues
- makes you more confident in handling your baby
Baby & Me offer a 5 week baby massage course which will teach you to massage your baby safely and effectively. The cost of the course includes blankets and cushions to make the environment warm, soft and cosy, a mat for baby to lie on, a hooded towel to keep baby warm, pure, organic massage oil to use and take home, weekly handouts of the strokes learnt, sensory toys for babies to play with and refreshments.
Baby Massage classes by Baby & Me are suitable for babies from birth up to pre-school age and are very relaxed and baby friendly meaning if baby needs comforting, feeding or changing this is fine as baby’s needs must come first, The class allows time for you to get settled before starting the massage so you and baby are both calm and relaxed and can enjoy the massage. The second part of the class is time for socialising with the other parents and babies over a cuppa. this gives you chance to ask questions, get to know one another and make friends for life.
Baby & Me also offers specialist massage sessions looking at baby massage for colic/constipation and wind, 1:1 sessions and catch up classes (Baby Massage Cafe) for those who have completed the 5 week course/1:1 sessions.
Classes are very popular and tend to book up quickly. Maximum participants per class is 8. Booking essential.